just don't let the sun go down on me

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

people i admire

it has something to do with seeing Daphne Oseña face to face. now, i am recalling people i admire. here's a partial list. but these are the first few people who are always on my top list. errr, i just can't seem to remember everyone in my top list... here goes!

numero uno
LEON LAI

I just knew Leon Lai recently and the first time I saw him in Three: Going Home (Peter Ho-Sun Chan), grabe, instant favorite na. Was very impressed by his subtle acting. Great performance I must say. He's also in Fallen Angels (Wong Kar Wai).

Leon Lai's one of Hong Kong's famous celebrities. At sa aking humble comparison, he is like the Piolo Pascual of Hong Kong. singer and award-winning actor. But Leon was first a singer before a filmstar. And the THING which made me admire him so much is that he is an international United Nations Ambassador of Goodwill. Se his credentials sa website ng UN, and tingnan natin if you won't be impressed.

And, he reminds me of someone. Magkamukha talaga sila. Haha.

numero dos
Celine Lopez

Waaaaah. To die for. Was an avid reader of her column, From Coffee To Cocktails, and sure did she amaze and impress me. astig siya. Celine Lopezzzz. I saw a terno she once wore displayed in the Terno exhibit last year and it was so petite. Great things do come in small packages.





numero tres
Kyan Douglas


he is the hottest gay man i have ever known. 'nuff said.







numero quatro
Monita Rajpal

oooh la lah! ISN'T SHE LOVELY? She is the top reason why I watch CNN so often. She is, of middle-east or south asian descent, but grew up in Canada. She was an anchor in Canada before moving to CNN.

hayyy... news has never been so beautiful.



numero cinco
Zhang Ziyi

Need I say more? Slutty, hehe, but still drop-dead gorgeous. I love her in House of Flying Daggers (Zhan Yimou). Superb performance there. You've got to see Road Home (Zhang Yimou) and witness the virginal Zhang Ziyi. Trust me.





numero saiz
Piolo Pascual

Papa Piolo0o0o0o! hehehe. It's already given that he's charming. yuck. charming. But i truly believe in his acting prowess. In almost all of his films, I applaude his performance. Dekada '70 (Chito Roño), Milan (Olivia Lamasan) are two if his best films for me.

And yeah, pwede ba? He is, ugh, nevermind.

numero ocho
Nick Deocampo

Isang diyos. Walang kasing-tulad. Sobrang nakaka-ahhh.

Sabi nga ni buddy Sol, bakit lahat ng mga Nick ang gagaling? Yeah, couldn't disagree. Of course, I should know. My cousins call me Nick, eh. hahahaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home