just don't let the sun go down on me

Sunday, June 12, 2005

first week funk

(originally posted 06.25.05 11.35pm in http://dr0ps0fjupiter.blogs.friendster.com/a_drop_of_jupiter/)

after a week-long hiatus, i'm back to update my first blog evah.

since i have no phone line in my quezon city apartment, i just have to rent in a net café to access the net. and i didn't have the time this week to update my blog.

i'm spending the weekend here in our parañaque home and when i get back to qc next week, i'll make sure to visit a pldt office and apply for a phone connection. whee!

so, how was my week? well, it was... hmm... anything but unfortunate! yeah, i think so. hehe.

classes started tuesday. well, not really. classes do not formally start on the first day in UP. i mean, most of the classes... especially when they are GE classes where students are mostly freshmen. it is on the first day of classes when the Freshman Welcome Assembly is held at the UP Theater. hence, freshmen students are excused from their classes to attend the program.
and, speaking of the Freshman Welcome Assembly... my beloved organization, the UP CINEASTES' STUDIO is part of it and we are to handle one of two journalism blocks.

so monday night, was preparing stufsSsSsSsS for the block welcome the next day. from program to survival kits to updating the food and venue, it was such a karir that i wasn't able to sleep that night. i was stuck in front of the pc typing, printing, and burning cd's... 6am tuesday, my pops and i left the house and headed for diliman. when i got to quezon city, i haven't finished my work so i continued doing it in my apartment.

tuesday was such a busy day. i attended my only tuesday class, German 11, with the lovely Professor Bizzy Neri at 4. she just gave classcards and dismissed us early. tumambay ng sandali sa as steps with Adrian, Tez, Kriz, and Crissy. and went home at around 7pm. slept and woke up 10am the next day.

wednesday, supposed to have a ga with UP OPTICS at 12. got there few minutes passed 12 and waited till 10 to 1 but a few people showed up. supposed to have a class at 1, Film 113 (Film Prod1), at College of Mass Communication but Professor Robert Quebral did not show up.

thursday, i woke up early for a pe class at 7am that i wish to "prerog" in. but, the prof did not show up. next at 8.30-11.30 is Commres 125 (Basic Computer Applications) with Professor Chen San Pascual. it is my first course with her and i'm excited to have her as my prof. the class was a bit small. there were i guess 15 of us but only 12 or 13 were present, including Stan, Mariuz, and co-Cineastes Vicky and Princess.

friday, my favorite day this sem (hehe), at 8.30 i have Film 135 (Acting) with the actress more popularly known as "Dugong", the talented, the respectable, Ms. Malou de Guzman. the class was so0o0o0 fun. grabe, first day pa lang, what more sa susunod na meetings. almost 80% of the class was Cineastes kaya mas-fun (hehe, biased). but there were these two pesky GMA7 guys who were taking video footages of our class. and we found out that it will be aired over at GMA7's Mel and Joey this Sundayyyyyyy.

yipeeee!!! i'll be on tv for the first timeeeeee. wheeeeee. hehehehe.

at 1pm that day, my next class was Film121 (Scriptriting1) under the cool and funky Libay Cantor. she is so fun. hehe. another good reason why friday is my favorite day for this sem. haha! after some introductions, we watched A Home at the End of the World. It broke my heart. It was so inspiring. Yeah, I liked it. Although.... well never mind. hehe.

there. basically that was my week. i'm just so happy and contented with my schedule and my profs. the last thing i just need to do is to pay my tuition next week. hahaha. pasaway eh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home